just procrastinating

Sunday, February 04, 2007

XLI
Things got off to a great start thanks to Devin Hester, but it just wasn't meant to be. By the middle of the second quarter, I started to have a bad feeling about this. The Colts offense was on the field too much and the Bears defense wasn't really stopping them. It's easy to blame Rex Grossman, and believe me I do, but it wasn't all his doing. First of all, what coach would build a team around a quarterback named Rex Grossman. But anyway, there's plenty of blame to go around.

Again, like I mentioned earlier, since I haven't emotionally invested much in this team, this loss, while unfortunate, disappointing and slightly infuriating, doesn't mean much to me in the vast scheme of things. I lost a bet and have to cook a new menu dinner for my wife, who bet on the Colts. That's about it. But I think back to Super Bowl XX and how important that was to me. If the 1985 Bears had lost, I can't imagine how disappointed I would have been. My life would have been totally different. I probably would have dropped out of school and turned to a life of crime. Who knows where I would be now? Thank you Walter Payton, Jim McMahon, Mike Singletary, Mike Ditka and the rest of the 1985 Bears for making me who I am today.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com