just procrastinating

Friday, October 20, 2006

Bugs
Wednesday the sun was out and I spent the afternoon fighting off an invasion of ladybugs. I guess this time of year they go looking for a warm place to stay for the winter, and they use the last sunny days of the fall to invade the homes of regular people like me.

These aren't the nice pretty red ladybugs that everyone likes. The red ones are the kind that land on you in the summer, and you might smile and call someone over and proudly say, "look a ladybug is on me." These are the nasty orange kind, the Asian Lady Beetle, that bite, smell and leave a yellow residue if you mess with them. Once inside, they spread out from where they entered and then bunch up in groups in the corners by the ceiling. I've vacuumed up hundreds of these monsters over the past few days, and I don't feel a thing for them. In the spring, the bastards that survived will get the itching to leave, and will get the same treatment.


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com